It’s Shrove Tuesday; which only means one thing – pancakes! So get your frying pan out and flip those pancakes. It’s easy to stay healthy on pancake day; just try this simple recipe and enjoy the health benefits of yummy fruit toppings for your pancakes.
Pancakes topped with fresh fruit and greek yogurt
For the pancakes:
50g plain flour
1 large egg
150ml skimmed milk
1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
A handful of your favorite fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana)
1 tbsp of Plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp of honey
- Put the flour, eggs, milk, 1 tbsp and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set the batter aside for 30 minutes to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crepe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- Once the pan is hot, cook your pancakes for 1 minute on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with 1 tblsp of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tsp of honey and a handful of fresh berries.