Get a protein boost from the eggs, fibre and fullness from the wholemeal bread and plenty of vitamins from the spinach. Plus a decadent weekend feeling from the hollandaise sauce. Perfect!
Makes 2 servings
- Wholemeal English muffin or roll, split and toasted. Or one each if you are hungry.
- Large handful of spinach – and I mean large…it cooks down to nothing!
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Seasoning to taste – cayenne pepper, mustard, nutmeg, black pepper
How to prepare:
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and reduce to simmer.
- Make your hollandaise sauce by mixing 2 egg yolks, lemon juice, Greek yoghurt and a pinch of salt in a large glass bowl and sit it over the simmering water to heat gently. Add the teaspoon of melted butter whilst gently whisking and stir regularly until it thickens. Add a touch of flavouring (mustard, pepper or nutmeg) as suits your taste.
- Meanwhile, start to poach your two eggs and toast your bread.
- In another saucepan, melt another teaspoon of butter and heat the spinach until it wilts.
- Layer your spinach on the toasted buns, top with the eggs and pour over the hollandaise.
- Tuck in with a mug of steaming coffee and the Sunday papers.
Note: Leftover egg whites can be whisked into smoothies or porridge for an extra protein boost and creaminess.